Bladderwrack Review Other name: Fucus Vesiculosus
First, you must know that Bladderwrack extract is an algae marine.People take this algae , dried it and transformed it into a dietary supplement.
In the medical traditions in Asia and Europe Bladderwrack (Fucus Vesiculosus) has been used during a long time.
This explains why marine populations has a so low incidence of goiter.
Fucus Vesiculosus extract also contains zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and many other minerals.
Most common dosage: 600 mg 3 times a day
Extract:4 ml 3 times a day
Dosage range: 300 – 600 mg 1 to 3 times a day
Extract: 4 to 8 ml 3 times a day
Standardization: no more than 150 mcg of iodine daily
Benefits of Fucus Vesiculosus - What is Bladderwrack used for? What is it good for?
- It provides a dietary source of iodine
- It enhances weight loss. The iode it contains will stimulate the thyroid which in turn will accelerate the metabolism. The result is a substantial weight loss.
- It lowers cholesterol levels.
- Clinical studies show that Bladderwrack may have the ability to inhibit the HIV virus.
- It lowers blood sugar levels and helps regulate the glucose level.
- Clinical studies suggested it my have the same properties than a laxative and can be used for.
- One of the main benefits of Bladderwrack is linked to the fact that it contains fucoidan. In fact fucoidan has blood thinning properties and may improved blood flow in the body.
General principles : to avoid interactions or side effects, it’s important to inform your doctor about any supplement you are using.
It’s important to remember that this algae may contains various levels of iodine. Do not buy it if if the levels of iodine is not listed on the product label.
This algae may also contains toxic heavy metals like arsenic.
Avoid excessive use of this nutrient. This may lead to overdose iodine symptoms like hyperthyroidism, tremor and hypertension.
If you are planning to have surgery or any type of dental work, remember to inform your physician and to stop using this supplement 14 days before the procedure. This precaution is good to avoid health risks linked to bleeding.
Allergy reaction is one of the main side effects linked to the use of this supplement. Some sensitive individuals may experiment contact dermatitis and allergy symptoms like rash, itching, hives or irregular peathing. In such cases, it’s important to seek medical assistance.
Do not use this algae if:
*You are sensitive to iodine
*You have a thyroid problem
*You have a bleeding disorder
*You are pregnant of peastfeeding an infant
*You are a children.
Except of these cases above, this supplement is safe when used as recommended.
Health Conditions Related:
Hypothyroidism: it boosts the thyroid gland by providing the necessary iodine to the body.
Obesity and weight loss: By boosting the thyroid gland, it affects and accelerates the metabolism. This explains why an increase in the burn of fat and carbohydrates in the body is always one of the benefits of the use of Bladderwrack.